Iso Shift linkage Help

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the shift linkage to release
from the Iso shift mechanism? I have removed the pin as stated in the
shop manual but can not get anything to move. Is it splined? Will
heating it damage anything. None of the manuals or suppliments have any
drawings of the device. I need to replace the clutch and rear transaxle
mount in my 87 Milano.

Thanks
Steve Wirtz