From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Daegrigg (Don)
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 11:51 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: "Check engine light" 1224 Code

If it's not one thing it's ten others.   I am getting the check engine light
and the 1224 code which supposedly points to the O2 sensor.  But it is not
all the time.  The check engine light appears after the car is warmed up and
a medium to heavy load applied as in accelerating onto the freeway.  It is
consistent.  When the engine is shut down and restarted, the light goes off
and I can clear the code from the ECU.  Once load is applied as above, the
cycle starts again!

I thought the sensor was bad so I replaced it with a Bosch (4 wire).
Connected black sensor to black and the two white (heater wires) to the two
whites in the harness.   Left the gray (ground) wire unattached per Bosch
instructions.

'Recounting all this so some one might see something I have missed.

Thanks,

Don

PS - Have read all the 02 posts in the old digest.