Comparisons

Tony opined:

> I love the idea of these "vintage comparison tests" and I hope they find more
> opportunities to put enthusiast cars head to head, but I just hope any future
> articles will have better matches between cars and more consistent reviewers.

Not to carry this minimally-Alfa-contented thread too much further, but comparos
such as Tony hopes for are a regular feature of my alltime favorite car magazine,
the English "Classic & Sports Car." People with scant regard for any but the
hairiest/raciest/newest machinery need not bother, as they'd seldom see anything
of interest. However, those of us to whom a nice old crock is at least an object
of affection, if not of desire, can spend a happy fifteen minutes or so
contemplating the compared behaviors of, say, a Jowett Jupiter, a Singer Ten, and
two or three other vehicles that were being sold at the same time to the same
public. And yes, Alfas do show up there on occasion, as do other Italians. Always
well-written, of course...

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA