Noisy fuel pump

Hi All,

My '82 Spider (Bosch L-jet) has an intermittantly noisy fuel pump.  It happens only occassionally, usually on warm days or after a spirited drive.  It's a whirring noise only noticable at idle.  This weekend I heard the noise and in addition to the whirring it has developed a buzz/whistle.

I remember some mention of this before on the digest... something about somekind of fuel pressure release???

Is this something to worry about?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian