RE: 156 oil change interval

This sounds similar to the oil change interval that Mercedes Benz recommends
on my new C230 Coupe Kompressor. At about 5000 miles I called the dealer to
schedule an oil change, the advisor said it wasn't due a change until the
(A) service at approximately 10,000 miles. She said the onboard computer
will keep up with type of driving you do and the service indicator will let
you know. Well I do a few highway miles and I am at 11,000 miles and still
have 300 miles until the service. They say that it has Mobile 1 synth. in it
and holds about 4 liters (Similar to Alfas). So don't worry. Personally I
feel it is too long, especially for a supercharged engine, but the level
hasnt moved and doesn't look too dirty. Hopefully they aren't just looking
out for the parts business!.
This looks to be a new trend for the upscale auto manufacturers to recommend
extremely long oil change intervals. I also think that since they are
providing the routine service for the first three years, it also helps the
bottom line.
Just my .02 euros worth

Chris Poore
Greenville SC