1990 Spider
Orange Park, Florida
------------------------------
Dat: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:47:39 -0400
From: Simon Body <body@domain.elided>
Subject: After-market Catalytic Converter for 1991 Spider

Hi

Has anyone put an after-market catalytic converter on their series 4
Spider? Mine has developed a loud rattle at 2000-2500 rpm and last year
only passed the hydrocarbon emissions test by 1ppm, although the CO and NOx
were OK. I don't want to spend $500 though, when seemingly functional units
are readily available for $80-150.
If someone has I'd be really grateful to hear of the source and model
number of the cat they used, and all the problems they had with installation.
Many thanks