164 tranny dipstick

The manual shows a dipstick in the differential housing for 91 model year. It is ridiculous to assume you can access this from the top, it is under the shifter coupling and towards the rear, to the right of the "crown " wheel side of the housing, looking forwards. I suppose with a hoist you could reach up and find it with your hand but I've not tried. I cannot see it from above.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L