Re: where's the DIPSTICK!!! (164)

Saab 900's have gearbox dipsticks, but they're not exactly conventional, either.

At 1:07 AM -0400 7/20/02, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:55:14 -0400
From: "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: where's the DIPSTICK!!! (164)

Hi Group:

The original poster of the question mentioned "gearbox", as opposed to
"transmission", so I'm guessing the car has a manual, not an automatic
transmission.  I don't own a 164, but I've never seen a manual transmission
with a dipstick.  Anyone?  Usually you've got to open the filler plug to
check or fill the oil.

Regards,

Dean