105 2000 GTV Steering Wheel Restoration

Hey all,

I am toying with the idea of restoring my steering wheel.  Anybody done it
and have some tips to impart?  I haven't done anything like this and was
hoping to avoid some mistakes.  A step by step guide would be nice or if I
can be directed to the right channels, would be much appreciated.  Thanks in
advance!

Mark

PS.  Please advise me on which materials to get if possible.  Anybody know
what the original shade for the steering wheels?  Mine is an "orangey" kind
of color.  Don't know if this is a discoloration.