Re: 164 fuel smell

In a message dated 7/19/2002 8:52:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
bennetts@domain.elided writes:

> Also, The underhood fuel lines, to the fuel rail especially, have
> problems with fit and when the engine is cold can be a problem with
> drip. This happens with age and is compounded by replacement with the
> wrong size. If not the right hose, it will always leak and you will wish
> to have the old hoses back. Since it is summer now, I doubt this is your
> problem; but if this is an early morning, cold temp problem it may be
> your answer.

Bernie and others,
You state "If not the right hose, it will always leak..." I agree. But where
do you get the correct hose? What ID really works? I remember some time back
a lister recommended buying a BMW fuel hose. I did. It leaked just as readily
as the hose I bought from the local NAPA store. I believe both were 8mm
hoses. What, in your experience, has worked well? One thing I am going to try
is double-clamping. Haven't done that yet.
Thanks,
Bob Abhalter
Paducah KY