Re: Hazarderous materials

In AD8-0933 Norm Riffle writes "I'd second your motion on the wiring diagram
thing and add that wouldn't it be nice nice if "somebody" figured out the
correct amperage for each of the fuses and add that info to that same
diagram."

I may be wrong but I suspect that this is one of those items of information
which is always omitted because "everybody knows it."

The aftermarket Glenn's manual for Giulietta, Giulia, 2000 and 2600 from 1965
says, p.79, under an illustration of a standard Alfa fuse box (this one
identified for location as a 2600, but a lamp is a lamp is a lamp) "All fuses
are rated at 8 amps." The aftermarket Autobooks manual for the Alfettas, from
1979, p.109, lists the individual fuses with all 8 amps except the heated rear
window at 16 amps. A cursory look-around didn't find anything to contradict
either, and I would call it a safe guess that 8 amps is it in lieu of any firm
information to the contrary. The 1900 manual gives the wattage of each bulb
and the specific gravity of the electrolyte in the battery and identifies the
fuseboxes but does not mention values. The Milano and 164 Owners' Manuals give
the values of individual fuses- 22 on the Milano, 30 on the 164 - which seems
to me to confirm my notion that Alfa provided the information, omitting it
back when it was a generally known constant.

If anyone can add variations, please do; I would appreciate it as much as Norm
would.

John H.