From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
LLe_2002
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 15:42
To: "Alfa@Digest. Net"
Subject: Clunking noise @ Front suspension????

Hello all,
 My 91 Spider Veloce has clunking noise (like there are no shocks or
suspension) when it goes over the bumps or warning blocks @ freeway center
line. There are so many joints and bars in the suspension, I don't really
know which one to replace, if replacing them all will cost me a fortune. I
had the shocks changed, the steering seems fine. The tires wear out evenly,
a little cupping from the bad old shocks. The shocks are new and good. The
springs seem to be in good order (no sag or anything like that). On the
straight road, everything is tight and the car handles well. I can leave
with the way it is, but when went over the repeated blocks or bumps, it does
make clunking noise which is very annoying. If someone had this problem
before and fixed it somehow, please shine some tips.

Thanks,

Louis,
91 Spider Veloce,
Sunnyvale, CA.