Re: alfa-digest V8 #917

In a message dated 7/14/2002 2:13:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:52:03 -0400
> From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
> Subject: Valve springs--the saga continues
>
> Okay, I made a little thingy for the spring compressor to hinge on
> that will bolt on to the cam bearing thingies (I still don't know
> what I'm going to do for the exhaust valves), but now I have a new
> problem.  I had planned on pressurizing the cylinders to keep the
> valves up, using the little hose from my compression gauge.  However,
> it seems as though the hose has a one-way valve in the end, so this
> totally won't work.  My question for the collective wisdom of the
> digest is: is there a way to jam this valve open without breaking
> anything, or is there another readily available piece of equipment I
> can use to attach the air compressor to a spark plug hole??

       That one way valve in the end is made like the valve in the valve stem
on your tires.  Just unscrew it until you are done pressurizing cylinders
then put it back in for compressions checks.  Just don't lose it, the valve
stem valve won't work!!
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.