re: Auto racing helmets

Mr Rand -

the only advice I have regarding skid-lids is try the thing on.
Consider it an article of clothing.  It is VERY likely that AGV, Bell,
Simpson and Shoei have different ideas of head size AND SHAPE should
be.  My head likes a Simpson or AGV, while my buddy's is more like a
Shoei.

My two cents' worth.
Jay Negrin
76Alfetta GT
81 Yamaha SR500

Hello all...

I am looking for a source to purchase a snell certified auto
racing helmet for autocross events.

Has anyone had good luck with a particular manufacturer and vendor?

Since I will not be using this that much, a nice used one would
be workable.

As always, any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Rand
'87 spider quad verde