Subject: Carb Problem

In a message dated 7/10/2002 8:53:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:59:18 -0400
> From: ralphone@domain.elided
> Subject: Carb Problem
>
> I am having a new problem this month and I'm hoping someone can help.
> My spider has a 2L with euro cams and dellortos.  In the morning the car
> runs great but as the engine warms up a flat spot develops between 1500
> and 2000 rpms. The car chugs until the tach hits 2000 and then the car
> pulls away cleanly?
>
> I've tried various carb cleaners, different distributor, coil, replaced
> the accelerator pump diaphragms and o-rings in the carbs all to no
> avail.
>
> I'm guessing its heat related and the mixture is leaning out in the
> transition from idle jets to main jets.  Feels like the accelerator pump
> is not working when the engine is hot?   Would any body have any idea
> why this would happen?
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Ralph DeLauretis

    It could also be that the accelerator pump is pumping too much fuel for a
hot engine.  The hotter the engine, the less fuel it requires on
acceleration.  I am not familiar with the dellortos, but maybe there is an
adjustment to lean it out some?

Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.