Glorious northern CA

I just got back from a 2 week vacation to visit my family in Palo Alto and
Half Moon Bay, and I must say, I am quite jealous of the spectacular drives
available to those of you who live in the bay area.  My uncle recently passed
away, and left me an opportunity to take over his Creekside Smokehouse just
off Cabrillo.  Some of you may be familiar.  My trip was bittersweet, and much
of it was spent handling business matters.  During our stay, we traversed Hwy
1 from Santa Cruz to SF, and all points in between.  I saw many Alfa's of
various models, and nearly every driver sported a grin.  How fortunate so many
of you are to be able to unwind from a day's work by spiriting up and down the
curvy roads, unencumbered once the locals find their ways home from work, and
the local San Mateo Co sheriff deputies settle into their favorite restaurants
for dinner.  I couldn't resist the opportunity to romp on the throttle of our
rented Camry, and although it's no sports car, it managed to stay on the road.

Unfortunately, we won't be moving out there, as the Half Moon Bay and El
Granada real-estate markets have been thoroughly trashed by dot-com wealth.
We will continue our annual visits though, and hopefully next time I'll be
able to make it a bit further north to visit you Bruce!

Greg