Re: MGB - the greatest sportscar of all time?

Greg Stewart wrote:

I've already started composing a letter to the editor to rebut this absurd
claim, but would appreciate any additional ammunition my fellow digesters
might be able to provide.

So, let me have it - I need reasons why the Alfa Romeo Spider is a more
appropriate choice than the MGB for "The Greatest Sportscar of All Time"

I wouldn't bother with the letter Greg. I've long considered the Alfa's to
be our best kept secret. It's always fun to see the reaction when you take
someone who knows nothing about them for a ride.

Let the ignorant masses drool over the MGB, heck there are even folks out
there that covet the Datsun roadsters! Let's just keep these little Alfas to
ourselves. There aren't that many left and we wouldn't want one getting into
the hands of a tractor motor mechanic now would we?

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa - http://home.pcmagic.net/pi