Re: MGB vs Alfa: Easy to erect convertible top

MGB: >Hard to erect convertible top. A miserable rag at best, one which does
>little to keep occupants dry

Alfa: >Easy to erect convertible top that actually keeps out the elements.

This is something that has always puzzled me - given the different climates
between Italy and England, why is it that the similar era Italian
convertibles (the Fiat Spider also has a good hood), have so much better
hoods than the British ones??

Wouldn't you expect a decent hood to be important for an British car....
:-))

Not that I should be rude about the weather - it's pissing down again here,
although it is the middle of winter.... even though my cars have roofs it's
only the Croma that keeps the rain out properly.

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce (at least the garage doesn't leak)
1989 Fiat Uno Turbo (Sunroof, HA! what sun, just another place to rust and
leak)
1989 Fiat Croma