Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:25:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: Re[2]: alfa-digest V8 #894 Snell Helmets

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:18:51 -0700 (PDT) John Holliday
<fprodget@domain.elided> wrote:
> For instance SCCA does not allow any open face
> helmets in anything above Solo II autocrossing.

this is not true.

the scca permits open face helmets in enclosed cars in
all levels of
club
racing. if the driver wears goggles, they may wear
open face helmets in
open cars.

we had a driver wearing an open face helmet in his
open DSR, with
goggles,
at the Lime Rock National yesterday.

cheers,
  richard
  (former NEDiv Administrator of Scrutineering, SCCA)
http://sbc.yahoo.com