Transmission Bushing

The transmission bushing on my 74 spider is worn out.  I got the old one out
but am having a difficult time getting the new one in.  Is a special tool
required?  Also the tube for the securing screw is off set.  Is the off
settoward the top or the bottom.  It would appear that it should be off set
toward the top but it does not hurt to ask!

                               Terry Johnston