If you can't be stuffed with ll that fussing around, just get a good secondhand one. PLug and Play after that.

Cheers
Stuart

On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 06:11 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

From: Pat Farrell <farrell@domain.elided>
Subject: V6 no-idle

Hi Folks-

Any advice on likely culprits for a V6 that quits when the go-pedal is
released?

Some hints: after a lengthy suspension R & R, I went to start it up. I
forgot the 'do not touch the accelerator' rule and you can guess what
happened. A backfire blew off the main air intake hose, but didn't
apparently affect anything else. After reattaching the intake, I can start
and engine run with throttle open, but when closed at idle, the engine dies
immediately. I haven't found another disconnected hose or source of false
air. Any hints?

Thanks.

Pat Farrell