Re: wax residue on black surfaces

Rob -
You hit the nail on the head - don't get it on there in the first place! Actually, the way the pros do it (I used to be one) is to apply the wax up to about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch from the surface that you do not want waxed. The theory is that there is enough wax pushed into that missing margin during the wax removal and polishing step to protect and shine that area. Unless the car is heavily oxidized I have never seen a need to do otherwise.

By the way, when the inevitable happens, don't use a toothbrush; get a good detail brush.

Peace,
Ben
1984 GTV6 x 2
1978 Spider
1980 Spider
1969 Fiat Spider
1981 Lancia Beta Coupe
1975 Glastron 16 foot runabout (I like old stuff!)