Brake Fluid Reading

Yeah Yeah, I know! One more story about brake fluid. This is worth reading as it does a very good comparison of what is available comparing wet and dry conditions. What makes for good reading is at the end of the story where it talks about moisture content in brake systems after 1 or 2 years. Now that will have us all out flushing our systems.

Anyone have any experience with Motul 600 brake fluid? it is a synthetic with a polyglycol base to Dot 4 specs. I was doing some research on it as it seems to be the choice for locals who run rice rockets. I am going to change out my pads and shoes to Porterfields and will flush the brake lines too for my Jap Jr. Z lookalike. My pedal has been not as hard as it used to be, which got me to thinking about upgrading the pads and flushing the lines.

Also, here is an interesting chart to peruse with your coffee. http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/brakefluid.htm

this page has a great cutaway of calipers and the effect of a heat sheild between the pads and pistons. Might be of interest to those of us that race Alfa's? http://www.seinesystems.com/BrakeFade-2.htm

Christopher Boles
Veloce Register
http://www.veloceregister.net
1600 Veloce