Spider A/C belt

I'm trying to get the A/C on my '87 Quad up and running. Everything
appears to be there except the belt, so even I'm smart enough to put
that on as a first step, right? Wrong. For the life of me I can't figure
out how to adjust the position of the compressor to loosen / tighten the
belt. All I see is the crank pulley and the compressor pulley, and the
compressor is held in place by four bolts with no obvious (to me,
anyway) method for tensioning the belt. Am I missing a piece? Am I
losing my mind? Please respond off digest with any hints / suggestions /
newbie flames.

Thanks,
Jason Arrington
jarrington@domain.elided