1985 Alfa Spider

I have a question regarding a 1985 Spider I was looking at purchasing - I'm
fairly new to Alfa, and when I drove this car, the driving position seemed very,
very strange. I've drove other Spiders before, and none felt quite like this.
The gas pedal seemed to be in front of the brake and the clutch (by in front of,
I mean more forward). The entire time you were driving, you had to flex your
foot back with your knee way up - very uncomfortable. If I had moved the seat
back any, I woudn't be able to reach the brake and the clutch. Is there some
sort of adjustment in this gas pedal? Do Italians have one leg shorter than the
other? I would appreicate any thoughts on this - I like the car, except it is
highly uncomfortable to drive for any extended period of time....

Thanks!

Jacob Gibb