Rich mixture saga update, also canvas top question (leaks thru the material)

For those who offered advice in the past, the car is currently at my mechanic
so he can chase the rich mixture problem.  I've given up.  He will be
replacing all of the rubber between the air meter and the intake manifold, and
the temp and the thermotime sensors.  I have already replaced the O2 sensor.
If any combination of those doesn't fix it, then it's on to the injectors.  We
know the AMM is ok, it worked fine in another 84 spider.

In the meantime, while the car has been out of my garage and sitting outside
of his shop unprotected, I discovered that the top is not rainproof.  As
beautiful as it appears on the outside, evidently the top was stored more than
it was up prior to my taking possession.  The top leaks like a sieve at every
spot where the top's cage runs under the canvas.  The inner lining has
dry-rotted.  I'm assuming it's this inner lining that helps prevent moisture
from making it's way through the top.  Do any of you know what needs to be
done to waterproof this top?  Is there a lining that can be installed on the
inside?  And I haven't discounted using a waterproofing liquid on the canvas,
but I don't know which product to use.  Any advice is, as usual, greatly
appreciated!

Greg
84 Spider Veloce