Heat soak

Richard,

You description describes the situation I had years ago with a GMC-powered
Midas Mini Motorhome. The wire conductivity from battery to key, neutral start
switch (auto transmission) to starter solenoid was marginal when cool. When
the conductivity was reduced by heat soak, nothing worked, and the thing had
to sit for an hour until it cooled down, wherupon it would crank and start. I
finally found that the factory recommended fix was to install a relay. Once
this was installed, it never gave another problem in it's remaining 90,000
miles of ownership.

Electron flow knows no nationality, and I bet a relay might solve your
problems.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY