164 engine heat in cabin

Thanks to all of you that responded to my post with comments and helpful
suggestions.  I'll hope one of those
will lead me to the culprit.

The answer to Bill's question is yes; I installed the valve immediately
under the airflow meter on the line coming off the
engine's front head.  I'll double check if the line gets hot after the
valve.  When I removed the plastic cover over the A/C
cluster, I felt warm air everywhere in that compartment.  That's what lead
me conclude that somehow the hot air rising from the engine was not sealed
properly under the hood.  Since my car is automatic, would the shifter rod
hole be present? Possibly plugged somehow? Or unplugged in my case.  I'll
check!  I'll also check the clips holding in place the flase firewall.

Thanks again,

Antonio Riso