Sports Sedan Comes Home.....!

The charity dollied it over to my house yesterday.  I would have driven it
home, but with the soft brakes, '98 registration, and swiss cheese exhaust, I
thought better of it.  Nothing screams "pull me over!" like a wierd looking,
dirty, loud, backfiring, tires half flat, one-brake-light-working Italian
car!

Immediately I dove under it, sawzalled what was left of the center muffler
off, and micky-moused some flex hose and u-bolts.  Pretending I was racing
down 500 year old one lane cobblestone, I threw it around the neigborhood a
bit;  engine runs excelent, revs smooth as silk right up to 5000 RPM.
Suspension seems sound enough, and most of the electrical even seems to work.
Went out this morning to yank the exhaust manifold (cracked) and it didn't
even mark its territory!

Now I have some questions:

1.  I looked in IAP and Centerline catalogs, no one seems to have a center
muffler assy for Alfettas.  I can see it would be very simple to just get a
cheap turbo muffler welded between the stock flanges, is that what owners of
these things are doing?

2.  Front exhaust mount, the one that attaches twin header pipes to
bellhousing - I don't see this listed anywhere either, and a Spider mount is
quite different.  This one is completely disintegrated, and we know what
happens next - cracked exhaust manifold (see next).

3.  Anyone had success welding cracked exhaust manifolds?  Was thinking of
brazing it but not sure what effect the repeated heating-cooling of the
manifold would have on the braze.

4.  What bolt pattern are these wheels?  They look like 4x98?

5.  How much of a Milano interior will bolt into this car?  Gauges and dash?

It really does look relatively easy to drop the V6 in, but I will sort the car
with the 2 liter first.  There's a low mileage Milano at a local yard they'll
take $500.00 for that has everything else I need to do this swap, and a pretty
nice interior too........

My wife thinks it's ugly, but I like it, so she's happy if I'm happy.

Gregg
'74 Spider
'79 Sports Sedan
GTV6 MOTOR MAYBE FOR SALE