Milano and 164 oil filters

My experiences with oil changes on my Milano Gold:

For the Milano, you want the Alfa filter or one of similar dimensions, like
the Knecht/Mahle filter.  Some of the other filters sold as fitting the Milano
(including I think Fram) are a little too big to maneuver into position
without removing the air filter.  The best wrench for removal is a pair of
Channellock pliers long enough to reach the filter from below, but thin enough
to fit into the opening from below.  I found that the filter had to be on
fairly tight in order to avoid oil leaks.  Of course, you don't want to overdo
it - maybe tighten by hand and a little more, then tighten some more in a
couple of days if it leaks.

I always used Alfa filters on the Milano, but I was at the NAPA store recently
and asked whether they had an oil filter for my 164.  They had two NAPA Gold
filters in stock.  The filter had a 1 inch hexagonal fitting on the end and I
thought I would give it a try. Installation with a 1 inch stubby box end
wrench and the car on Rhino ramps was a piece of cake.  I believe that the K&N
filter also has the 1 inch hexagonal fitting.  (And I think someone said there
was a Purolator filter.)

(Most of this is really obvious to most readers, but maybe someone can get
some use out of it.  This is all just my personal experience.  I realize also
that some of this restates what has already been reported by others.)

Ray Clemo