Re: Hertzman's rant, Joe Cantrell's Southern experience and Doug Harris' Spider

First off, Joe Cantrell's Portland experience sounds "marvelous" and I wish
I'd a been there (partially to see if Scott Fisher, who has transferred his
epic tomes from mirafiori.com to here, is actually as much of a blowhard as
he appears in print ;-) and partially to sample the mint juleps...

John has a good point, and while I have NO quarrel with him calling the Alfa
Owner article a spade when it is, in fact, a spade, I must say Bill Binnie's
6C-2500 Special as driven by David George is a rather remarkable car, even
if it is a one-off and has a rather remote connection with the Portello
Works...

Doug, don't sweat it! (literally) After two decades of working on these
cars, your empirical info (temps at the thermostat housing and radiator
outlet) indicates that you have NO problem! Buy another gauge or sending
unit. Life is TOO short to worry about something that is not cured by all
the steps you've taken so far...

-Peter Krause (on my way with my PERFECT 750 Giulietta Spider Veloce to
Woodbury, Connecticut, to bestow upon my step son a "killer ride" so that he
can drive away from the Church in oh-so-much style on his wedding day,
Saturday)