Re: freon alternative

Ralph Fetsch wrote:
The reason this mixture was outlawed is because if you have a leak you have
a very big bomb under the hood of a hot engine.
I don't want to be disagreeable or start a debate, but this is bunk. It sounds sensible... propane is a flammable gas, the Hindenburg* was filled with flammable gas, therefore...

However this conventional wisdom does not stand up to scientific evaluation, nor is it supported by a vast amount of empirical data on the use of HC refrigerants in automotive air-conditioning.