Re[2]: Making brake lines

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:04:04 -0400 Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided> wrote:

> I think ISO bubble flare is what they're called, but that's beside the
> point.  Don't try flaring your own lines.  In my experience, even with
> the
> right tool, it's next to impossible.

flaring ISO bubble, or SAE double (the common US form) is indeed somewhere
between difficult and impossible.

flaring aircraft style is actually not hard at all with the right tools.
however, because aircraft flares are 37 degrees and automotive flares are
45 degrees, it is essential to use adapters when bridging the two systems
together. adapters from the metric flares used in Alfas are readily
availble from manufacturer's like Earl's.

however, this is mostly racing and track car oriented information. in a
street car, stick with pre-made lines of the correct type.

richard