Milano Automatic/ABS

I'm thinking about adding another Alfa to my family and am looking at a 1988
Milano/75 Gold Automatic.  Does anyone have any experience with these
autoboxes?  The owner claims that they are pretty strong units.  I have not
looked at the car personally yet and have only communicated via email with the
owner. Are these gearboxes 3 or 4 speeds?  Any problems I should look out for?
The car has 120,000 miles.  I'm not particularly looking for an automatic, but
the owner claims to have Sperry stage 2 heads and S cams on the car.  SO it
might be kinda fun.  Also, he states that the brakes need to be "adjusted" and
the ABS does not work.  What am I looking at to get the brakes back in order?

Thanks,
Rob Murphy
1990 Spider
Orange Park, Florida