Re: Peeling bumper clear coat

Simon,
     If you take the car to Maaco, you will get what you pay for. You will
get a mediocre to poor paint job, and it will last only a year or two, less
if you polish it. It really does no good to prep it before you take it to
them. I did that once and they only used that to retract the warranty. Their
system performs best if they do the prep. As far as you stripping the paint
off....... it is one whale of a chore and will cost you a few bucks as well
by the time you have purchased your materials. There just is no free ride on
this boat Im afraid. I just highly recommend not letting Maaco do the job.
You will not be happy.
      randy long