Oil Pressure and Filters

Yesterday I changed the oil on my 82 spider for the first time.

I removed the filter from below (I had to jack the car to put the drip tray underneath anyway). The old filter was Tecnocar and I had bought a new Wix filter. It would not fit from below so I tried the other filter from Fram and it fit easily. In fact all three filters were different outside diameters and lengths, but all were recommended for the Alfa 2l.

The oil pressure is now much higher than before. With 20W50 oil, warm at idle the gauge runs 2/3 between 0 and 57 lbs. At 2500 RPM the pressure indicates 2/3 of the way between 57 and 114 lbs.

Is higher pressure better? Is the filter responsible for raising the pressure? What is normal? Recommendations for filters?

Brian
82 Spider