Re: alfa-digest V8 #846

In a message dated 6/21/2002 5:01:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:03:23 -0600
> From: "Bob" <bob@domain.elided>
> Subject: 91 Spider wheels
>
> Hi All
> Have a 91 spider with phone dial wheels. It appears paint has come off
> the wheels leaving the white plastic underneath in some areas. Any
> advice on how to refinish the wheels and what paint to use and sources.
> Bob
> 91 Spider
> Calgary

       The white is primer, not plastic.  I have had good luck cleaning
wheels in my glass bead cabinet.  Use glass beads, not aluminum oxide as the
latter is too aggressive.  Then primer and paint.  Spray bomb will work fine
and holds up OK.  I use Dupli Color DAL 1679 Silver Metallic.  Close to
correct color and commonly available.
       Or for a longer lasting finish at greater cost, have them powder
coated.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City