re: '90 Spider middle muffler

When I purchased my 90 SPider from Autonation about 5 years ago it had a non-stock center muffler from a Chevy Citation!  Off it went and on with a glass-pack.  Boy did it sound nice.  After about 1.5 years all of the fiberglass blew out and the exhaust produce a horrific resonance which could be felt in the cockpit.  Very annoying on trips over 30 minutes.  So on went a new OEM center muffler with a AR Ricambi twin outlet sport rear muffler.  The AR Ricambi muffler looked good and sounded nice but the fit was not up to par and it rattled a bit.  After a while I went to the ANSA with the 3 inch outlet.  Looks just as good and no rust after about 2 years (The AR Ricambi's tips showed surface rust after a few months.)  The sound is a nice low mellow burble when cruising.  At full song I mostly hear the engine and that is more pleasing to me.

Rob Murphy

90 Spider

Orange Park, FL