Re: Preparing for Long Alfa Trip

Tie wraps, duct tape and basic tools.  Not because you might run across
McGeiver battling the forces of evil, but for those basic automotive fixes
(we used 6 tie-wraps in a loop as a fan belt to get a ferrari dino to the
next town).  don't forget a pocket knife, I've fixed some leaking hoses
just by cutting an inch off the end and putting it back (when they fail
near the clamp).  when i dropped a driveshaft in the middle of an
intersection (was pulling a boat), and it helped having some rope to make
a sling to carry it to the auto shop two blocks away (lucky me).  oh, and
don't forget a good book for your passenger.  a tow rope would be good
too.  jumper cables. a shirt and towel you don't mind getting dirty.  a
voltmeter.... and, oh.. wait... no room for the passenger now.

maybe just a cell phone and your AAA card... or should we make a list of
our phone numbers along your route?

Good luck with your trip,

Wayne D.
Goleta, CA