looking for an auto. Alfa... can trade away a beater Milano, too

Hi, folks...

I have an odd situation. I'm not looking for a car for me, but for my mom who's trusty Gran Marquis was wrecked this past weekend.

I'm looking for a very cheap but reliable AUTOMATIC Alfa of some sort to get her and my sister around town for a few months, if not until the end of the year (?) I say auto because they don't know how to drive stick and don't have the time to learn. I'm looking to spend no more than about $1500.

I'm hoping the car will be between Chicago and St. Louis, as well.

I have a beater Milano to unload, as well. It's an '87, silver. It's rusty, has bad paint (black) and 190k miles. It's got yellow Konis, a redone tranny and runs great! It really only needs a good brake job and a center bearing and retainer for the driveshaft to be back in better shape (guibos are good) (also needs some bodywork). I MIGHT still have a pic floating around, but in any case, I wouldn't take anything more or less than about $500. This money would then go towards that auto Alfa.

I'd appreciate any help or points in the right direction as I have always known the Alfa guys to be of a good network. Please e-mail me at jogorzalek@domain.elided or call at 618-972-6349 with any info.

Greatly appreciative,

Jay Ogorzalek

'87 Milano (beater for sale)
'86 Jeep Cherokee (only 47k miles!)