Southern California and Smog test

Hello Digest,

  I am pleased to say that my 88 Grad just passed the smog test with
flying colors.  I was really concerned with this as I have heavily
modified the engine which including oversized valves, ported and
polished head, warmer intake cam, and 10:1 compression ration pistons.
I went out and purchased a new cat con and had the mechanics install
this prior to doing the test.  When you look at the engine bay the
engine appears to be virtually stock excepting the K&N air filter, a
fuel pressure gauge at the output of the fuel rail, and an adjustable
fuel pressure regulator mounted just below the coolant reservoir bottle.

So, a Bosch equipped spider can be "tweaked" successfully and still pass
California's smog test.  I'll be attending the AROC convention next
month and if anyone has questions about performing similar work on one
of their cars I'll be happy to share my experience.

Emissions as tested;
CO2% - 14.9
O2% - 0.1
HC - 11 PPM		(max allowable is 124 PPM)
CO% - 0.04		(max allowable is 0.78%)
NO% - 6		(max allowable is 1068)

See ya at the beach!

Eric S.
Please don't turn me into the smog cops!
Dana Point, CA