Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:16:18 EDT
From: CARIBOULH@domain.elided
Subject: used catalytic converters... a "NO-NO"

D.A. Grigg had asked about a USED catalytic converter for his 164S... be very
careful here, as it is thermo-nuclear illegal for anyone (a business,
individual or anyone else) to sell used catalytic converters. The EPA and
other various Federal Agencies do have laws on the books that prohibits the
sale by anyone to anyone of a used cat. Now if you "give" one away for free,
I do not know the specifics of this transaction, but the Feds probably have
that covered also.