re: Alfa 164: broken gas cap??

Ross,

If you want a new one, you'll find they're not as expensive as you might
think from an Alfa dealer. (Not as cheap as the door handles, though!) I'm
reasonably sure they arrive unpainted, black (or was it orangish-white?)

BUT...I had a great deal of success epoxying mine. It too broke on the
thinnest part. Use a good quality epoxy and some small pieces of metal
screen for external reinforcement.

YMMV, but my gas door fix held up for 2 years.

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA
  1988 Milano Verde - 1976 Spider - 1993 164 L (parting) - 1977 Alfetta GT
(resting)

Ps. -- watch for some new eBay listings tonight, search by seller ID
ejham_2001. Items going up today: alternator, power window motor and more.