Re: Different Tea-Tray Question

Warp wrote:

>      My tea-tray has faded from black to gray, as has much of the other plastic on
> the exterior of my GTV6. I've used a couple products such as Turtle Wax Black-
> Chrome but I'm wondering if the plastic could be sucessfully painted, for a more
> permanent fix?
>                 Mark Manley
>
>  '84 GTV6
>  X1/9 SCCA Racecar ( was GP in '92)

Yes, the plastic can be painted quite nicely (all beit not "original"). Note in the
attached photos -- not on that Digest of course, but if you want to see some photos let
me know and I'll send them your way -- of the car just out of body shop the tea tray,
front cowling and rear louvres are all painted body color.

When/if you see the photos please don't give me any grief about the extremely dirty
front license plate - there's a very GOOD reason for that! It greatly reduces the
reflectivity of the lp, which is what most speed enforcers shoot at with their radar
guns. You'll also notice that the bottom of plate is tilted towards the car, aiming any
reflections at the pavement. :-)

'nardo
83 GTV6 w/390,325 (s)miles and new paint

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of gtv6_01.jpg]

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of gtv6_02.jpg]

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of gtv6_03.jpg]

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of gtv6_04.jpg]