Re: 5 pt belts on the street

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:37:13 -0700 Joe Martin Cantrell <agiyo@domain.elided> wrote:
> Oh, and if you are going to the expense and trouble of installing 5 pt
> belts, don't mess with the over-center lever, aircraft style ones.

these are called "latch and link"

> Putting
> them together requires threading both shoulder belts and the crotch belt
> onto the male lap belt, holding them just so, and cramming the whole
> thing
> into the female side.  Very fiddly.

i would certainly prefer camlock belts, but at the time i did most of my belt
purchases, i was on a budget.

one other difference between latch-and-link and camloc belts is that
latch-and-link is pretty standard; all belts fit all other vendors belts.
camlocs don't have this guarantee.

also, a good camloc belt (such as the Sabelt) is worth having belts
rewebbed from time to time; i'd not bother to do this with latch-and-link
belts.

richard