RE: Ausca racer

Fred asks:

WHEN HORST KWECH WORKED FOR BILL KNAUZ IN LAKE FOREST, HE BUILT THE AUSCA SPORTS RACER POWERED BY A 1600 MOTOR.  THE CAR HAS BEEN RESOLD SEVERAL TIMES SINCE, anyone know where it is now?
<<

This car was for sale years ago in Hemmings for $25K as a basket case.  Our inquiries determined the car needed TONS of work.  Although the frame was more or less complete, the race engine was long gone... replaced with a mild 1600.  The body was pretty cobbled up but apparently the Hewland was freshly rebuilt.  We took a pass.... (and still kick ourselves when we think about it.)

We heard Paul Lane (East Coast collector and frequent seller in Hemmings) purchased it and supposedly restored it back to full vintage race specs.  Last we heard, he had it for sale for BIG bucks.

Darren Besic