164 Front end shudder contagion.

Now mine is doing it!
Seems to me like a brake issue mentioned by AlfaBill could be the cause
because the right front wheel was very hot when I stopped expecting to
change a tyre. Maybe somebody could give me pointers on what to look for.
Symptoms are/were:-
Car shakes at the front, increasing with road speed.
When the Boxster passed me the shaking got quite bad, so I let him go and
pulled over.
Front right wheel was hot when I stopped, front left was warm only.
I had noticed that the brake pedal had been occasionally slightly higher
than normal but it was one of those "try it again and it works fine"
things. The pedal feels like it moves about an inch to do normal braking,
sometimes half an inch was enough.

My guesses so far are:-
Deteriorated hose to FR caliper not allowing juice back thereby holding the
pistons in. The next pedal press doesnt need to take up the slack and so is
higher.
Faulty master cylinder mentioned by AB, though I dont understand the
failure mode here.

Im going to take the front wheels off and look at the pads. If the brake is
dragging the right side pad will be more worn, right?
Pads and disks were new 11 April (Birthday present to me, from me).
MC is old, as is the booster (1987, same as the car).

If it makes a difference, the car is an '88 (registered in UK) made in '87,
164 3.0 12V, number 1128, so one of the oldest there is.
(Numbers started at 1011 in '87 if DAT book is correct, so mine is rare and
VERY valuable, right?)