Milano suspension questions

Milano Experts-

I have a few issues that have come up in the refurbishing of the front suspension of my Milano. I'm hoping some of you experts can help.

1. The new lower ball joints are an extremely tight press fit into the 'socket'. It seems to me that more than a few thousandths press fit isn't necessary, so I'm thinking of enlarging the socket slightly. Any reason that this is a bad idea?

2. The lower A-arm bushings seem to operate wit the sleeve moving with the A-arm and the core bore moving with the 'spindle'. I had expected the bushing would pivot on the spindle, but since the spec on the spindle nut is 25 ft-lb and there is no shoulder on the spindle, when torqued the nut holds the bore of the bushing stationary. Is this how it is supposed to work? Based on the assembly, it seems so--it's just not exactly what I expected.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.

P. Farrell