Sticking brakes 70 GTV

I have just about got my GTV mobile again but am having a problem with the brakes (single circuit, standing pedals). I have fitted a new master cylinder and was able to bleed the brakes fine and all wheels seemed to braking fine with the engine off. So, after bleeding the new clutch I fired it up and set out for a test drive. Three feet later I pushed the brake pedal and it felt like a rock and the car stopped with some alacrity. However the pedal then appeared to be stuck and the car would not budge when I tried to drive off. I switched the engine off and opened the bonnet, noticing on the way around that the brake lights were still on. I guessed that the system was somehow not releasing pressure, so I loosened the output pipe from the booster which released the brakes and i was able to reverse back into the garage. I then removed the vacuum hose from the booster started up again and the brakes worked OK although they will need bleeding again. So, I think that the booster is somehow locking on all four brakes (and the brake lights when I don't think would stay on if it were a sticking caliper). I have never serviced a booster before and was hoping someone might have an idea which part of the booster might be causing problems and how this might be repaired. I have also thought about bypassing the booster which might be a temporary solution if a definitive one is difficult.

By the way, my car (1970 Australian delivery) also has a Hellebore steering wheel with horn buttons in the spokes.

Thanks

Brett Daniels