Converting 116 Series SPICA to Carbs

In #820, John Katos makes an interesting comment: "The only thing to
watch for is that the
euro air cleaner filter is a bitch to change. Of course this assumes
that you are going to use a euro air cleaner."

*********

I'm well aware there are tons of variations regarding Alfa air cleaners.
However the one on my Alfetta GT and most Euro types I have seen require
(maybe) a screwdriver and other than that, it's click, click, turn, turn
and the filter is out. Okay the clicking is the two clamps holding the
filter onto the air box. Possibly one wants to remove the hose from the
cam cover vent, thus the screwdriver. Then one unscrews the butterfly
nut on the end, off pops the end of the canister and out slides the old
filter. Assembly is reverse...

Can't think of how much easier it could be.

To add: I feel a Spica system In Perfect Condition And Tune is overall
superior to Webers. That said, Weber DCOE's are close to bulletproof and
except for the occasional cleaning, virtually never require a complete
rebuild, new belt, special tools, and most likely will never let you
down by the side of the road.

The DCOE's with Euro airbox, air cleaner, manifold, etc. is / are an
absolute thing of beauty and how the fuel intake system was originally
designed.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA